From an SSP
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
by Nikki Cherry
I am writing in regard to the need for Support Service Providers (SSP's) for individuals who are deaf-blind. I am a hearing and sighted person, but I work regularly as an SSP. Deaf-blind people do not have the ability to go out and do things as readily as the rest of us. They are unable to just run real quick to the store to buy some milk or bread. They need to have the services of an SSP available to them.
There is certainly a shortage of SSP's. There is also a shortage of financial support for these services. Please look into assisting this great cause by encouraging the training of SSP's, and help get the word out that SSP services should be provided by state or local agencies.
Other Related Stories
- Let Us Fly - by Stephanie Bretz
- SSP Service - by Toni Fraser
- Why We Need SSP Services? - by Rene Pellerin
- Dream of SSP's - by Donald Aills
- Support SSP Services - by Donna McCord Smolik
- From An SSP - by Nikki Cherry
- Need SSPs - by Cathy Haney
- Deaf-Blind Community Access Network - by Eleanora Albasini
- SSP's Are So Important - by Andy Stender